Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Hey Good Lookin'

I have been making some good looking food. I'll post recipes soon, but here are some pictures. I've included a lot of the things we've made. I also included a picture of me and my two team mates after we each butchered our first fish. I know you're jealous of my stylish uniform, but sorry, those elastic-waist checkered pants are all mine!


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

The decision to begin culinary school is definitely one of the best I've made. I've really enjoyed it. We work hard every day, but the days go by so fast.

So far we've had one practical exam. I had two hours to make a meal for my teacher from scratch by myself. We had to produce a soup, sauce, starch, vegetable, entree and had to demonstrate three types of classical cuts. Chef Todd said no one had ever finished their first practical on time. So of course I had my challenge. He laughed when I told him I looked forward to being the first to finish on time.

So, the day came and I had planned really well. I finished on time! It was great. I was really pleased with how it turned out. My goal was to finish on time, and I did. I got a good grade too. I was really pleased because Chef always says we need to balance speed with quality and I did just that.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Tanya, I am so proud of you. Your dishes all look so professional. Were those all done at school or at Sundance? I can't wait to get the recipes. Your slideshow turned out great. Way to go on finishing on time. You make checkered pants look stylish.:)

angelastotler said...

Congratulations on reaching your goal! I think it is so cool what you are doing.

angelastotler said...

Congratulations on reaching your goal! I think it is so cool what you are doing.

Tanya Quinn said...

All that food was made at school. I'll post Sundance on its own.

kathryn said...

the best part is when you come over to my house and cook something yum-a-lish (to quote Maggie)...

Jennifer said...

Wow! That food looks great! Great job on reaching your goal and doing so well in school.

Naomi & Greg said...

I can't believe how amazing everything looks! It is so great that you have found something you love! Plus, your picks always banefit us as well theater and entertainment, culinary and delicious.