Saturday, June 06, 2009

Let them eat cake!


In my last semester of school I was in advanced baking. One of our last assignments was to submit a wedding cake in a competition. Everything had to be edible and made from scratch. We each designed our cakes and I made every little flower on that thing, plus extras, because you never know. It was neat to compete and I learned a lot. I now know how to make a wedding cake. Don't ever ask me to make another.


Each cake required a topper. I am proud, for it being my very first and all.


Of all the fancy desserts and beautiful cakes, my mom's chocolate cake with homemade chocolate whipped cream and drizzle is still my favorite. I'll take it over fondant any day! Featured with the cake, Hailey Smith!

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Amen to that. No better cake than moms.