Thursday, December 06, 2007

Is It Kosher?



Well, I'm almost ready to celebrate. I have two more final tests, but I am officially done with homework!!! I wanted to share one assignment I am particularly proud of. I had to present information on religious customs that affect foodservice. The large focus was on kosher foods. The laws are extremely complex so I wanted to come up with a way servers could remember some guidelines to ensure they served only the best. I racked my brain for weeks. I paced the floors, stayed up hours of the night and then... genius. I feel I was truly inspired. I wanted to share it with the world. So, sing the following song to the timeless tune of "Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel."

"Kosher, Kosher, Kosher"

You can eat me if I'm cloven and chew all of my cud,
except if I'm a porker and live down in the mud.

Fish that have their fins and scales: that you can prepare.
Chicken, turkey, duck and goose are all considered fair.

Kosher, kosher, kosher; dairy I can eat.
Kosher, kosher, kosher; except when mixed with meat.

Make sure there's no blood.


It's very important as you sing the last line you shake your very best jazz hands and add a carny inflection to your voice. You may want to "ah cha cha cha" to get the full effect.

4 comments:

Naomi & Greg said...

You did do a great job; informative and entertaining to boot.

Jennifer said...

Love it! You are so creative! Hope you got and A.

Melissa said...

That is so funny. I think I'll share it with my Jewish friends.

angelastotler said...

I can just hear the waiters at Juniors bustling around singing this tune! You are so creative!