Thursday, March 13, 2008

Success!


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

Well, I've officially catered my first event. It was only possible through the generosity of U.V.U. and the hours of help from family. My sweet Tom came and helped me in the kitchen for long hours and worked with me every step of the way. I learned a lot and had a lot of fun. Even when I was exhausted, I was still enjoying myself.

I made roasted chicken with a mushroom infused veloute sauce (fancy word for chicken gravy), fresh roasted vegetable medley, rice pilaf, pear and caramelized pecan salad with a red onion vinaigrette and of course rolls and butter. I made everything from scratched. I rendered (cut) all the meat from whole chickens, chopped all the vegetables, made the sauce with chicken stock- the whole works. Friday I was up from 6:00a.m. to 1:00a.m. prepping food out and was up the next morning again at 6:00a.m. to begin the day.

I forgot to take pictures of the food, but it tasted good. I also forgot to take a picture of the drink table. I know the table centerpieces weren't big of fancy, but we just wanted a little something to make the luncheon special. I wish I had taken a picture of the room. The crisp, clean look of all the matching tables looked great.

I think we did a great job considering we couldn't get into the church until half an hour before the luncheon began! There was another activity before us that ran late. There are definitely a lot of things I'd change for next time, but it was all behind the scene things. My main concern was that the bride would be pleased. She was concerned with having her luncheon in the cultural hall and wanted it to be nice. My family helpers all dressed in black and white and served the food and cleared plates, and worked their fannies off! I loved the look on the bride's mother's face when she realized they didn't have to clean up. It felt good to know I had a part in making their special day achieve its "specialness."

7 comments:

Jewels said...

Ohmygosh - I'm not even surprised! It looks so great, I bet the bride was as pleased as punch! Hmmm, "Pleased as punch catering"...think about that. Anyway, it looks like the tables looked super nice and very profesh - way to go!!

Naomi & Greg said...

tanya it really looked amazing. once again you guys succeed at things you love to do and so talented.

The UnMighty said...

Love it. Love the bag, love the hat, love the shoes, love it.

Jennifer said...

Congrats! I did not know that you were done with school and working already! It was all so beautiful. Did you do the dessert too? Love it and you!

Melissa said...

IMMMMMMPRESSED Ms Tanya.



Also a bit jealous, that you're awesome, but we'll just stick with impressed. It's better for our friendship.

HaLaine said...

Oh my goodness so cool. That food looks yummy and most classy...

HaLaine said...

TANYA! I couldn't find your email address, but I wanted to see how your new job was going!!!