Friday, April 11, 2008

Lately


So, remember when I won Gold at the college level in a competition I didn't compete in? Well, I had a chance to prove myself and I'm happy to report I didn't fall flat on my face. In fact, I took the Gold record at State and will be competing at the National competition in June! I want so badly to write more, but here's an update on why I can't write much.

I am enjoying school immensely and I get to bake and decorate beautiful desserts. School is from 8:00am to 1:30pm. From there I go to work from 2:00 to 8:30pm and then home and to bed.

I got a job at Cirque Lodge, the rehab facility to the rich and the famous. I get to cook for 50 people and am exposed to diverse and fabulous menus each day. That's all for now. I'm tired ya'll!

Here's one for the road:

We had a scholarship ball to raise money for the culinary program. I made those desserts with my class. They were insanely intricate and time-consuming. I loved every minute of it!

10 comments:

Tom Quinn. said...

I'm very proud of you my love

Naomi & Greg said...

Congratulations!!!! I knew you could do it. So where are the nationals located? Does this mean Bakersfield from May to August is out??!!!!

The UnMighty said...

Congratulations!!!! I knew you could do it. So where are the nationals located? Does this mean Bakersfield from May to August is out??!!!!

HaLaine said...

You look fabulous with Gold around your neck. I watched Iron Chef on Saturday and wanted to see Chef Tanya make six dishes with the secret ingredient...coffee. Egh.

CONGRATS!

Jewels said...

You look so fabulous with that medal around your neck - way to go!! Nicely done, I am beaming with pride because I know, somehow, I made that possible. Wait, what?

Melissa said...

I've been considering rehab for quite some time now - and this post has comvinced me...rehab is JUST the thing for me. Six weeks of relaxing, gossiping with Lilo, and delicious food. This is the self esteem boost I've been looking for.

Congrats on the Gold. I hope they played the National Anthem in your honor.

Melissa said...

Remember that time I said comvinced? That was CLASSIC!

Crystal and Jake said...

What a wonderful and busy time. Those desserts look amazing! I have heard a lot about the Cirque Lodge- I am glad you are enjoying your work there!

Jennifer said...

Way to go! I will have to hear more about Cirque Lodge. Never heard of it before.

KEYSHA said...

Wow! You are something else! (I'm glad I know you and can say we were once neighbors!) I am drooling just looking at those delicious desserts you prepared! I still want to come to one of those evenings you were telling me about at the college...I'll have to get more info from you, because if I get to eat food like that...then sign me up!

how are you guys doing?