Monday, December 22, 2008

Fairy Pride Parade




Let me tell you about the magic of Christmas. Two hours each Saturday I was flitting around with children. I say flitting because I made it a point to never walk. I allowed skipping, dancing, jigging, and a lot of flitting, but never just a walk.

I was the Sugar Plum Fairy at Thanksgiving Point's "Breakfast with Santa." I channeled Amy Adams from Enchanted and went on my merry way. The costume isn't quite how I'd picture the Sugar Plum Fairy. Next year I plan to take my costume design into my own hands. It must involve a tutu, fruit in my hair, and bigger wings I think.

It's kind of odd having hundreds of children want to be in a picture with you. I'm now in photo albums and blogs across the Wasatch front. It's kind of awesome, however, to encourage the magic of Christmas.

I had children who have "seen my movie," and promised to watch it again to support me. Others professed they "loved my book." I received several questions on how Tinkerbell is doing, and even more hugs. A few "smart" boys wanted to test my ability to fly, but every skeptic believed in the end.

I enlightened the children on many fairy facts.

1. I had a spider sew my wings so they'd be stronger.
2. To travel we shrink to the size of butterflies. So if you see a butterfly you can wave because it's probably a fairy.
3. Tinkerbell and I often have lunch together. She is an excellent cook.
4. I live in an oak tree.
5. I love making snowmen and snow angels.
6. I'm tight with Santa and can pass along messages. I can even remember lengthy lists which children deliver in detail.

It was a great 4 weeks.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

How wonderful! I love being Cinderella! The kids really do get into it and it is so much fun for me too! Did you do the makeup yourself? Do you work there year round? Hope you are having fun in warm CA!

Amelia Merritt said...

Oh those smart boys, they can try and ruin everything. But they won't ever get the best of a smart fairy, that's for sure. You are the best, I love this...

Jewels said...

That is probably the sweetest thing I have ever heard. Butterflies?!?! I love it! You are the prettiest fairy, I can't wait to see your fancy outfit for next year...

PS - I have a great set of wings you can borrow!

Melissa said...

I couldn't quite tell if the gingerbread boy was a human dressed up or a giant stuffed animal that mrs. clause was holding. You look awesome!

amie said...

That just sounds like way too much fun! I can see why the kids loved you so much!