Sunday, January 11, 2009

Check Me Out!


Link to the picture

So the other day I received a package in the mail. It was from SKillsUSA. I competed last summer at the National level in a food service competition in Kansas City. While there I was waiting in the hall for my friend's competition and took a nap. I am never afraid to fall asleep in the middle of a hallway. I folded up my coat and laid right down. So I woke up well rested. A gentlemen came to the classroom door I was laying next to. I must have looked really well-rested because he asked if I'd like to go to a photo shoot the next day. The offer: My picture MIGHT end up somewhere in the organization's 2009 magazine. So the next day I went to the photo shoot. They shot a couple pictures and I was on my way.

So you can imagine my surprise when I received a letter and a few copies of a magazine with my face on the cover! It was a fun Wednesday.

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! Our own cover model in the family!

Naomi & Greg said...

Oh my gosh! How exciting?! The greatest things happen to you. Ok. so have you gone to the website yet because if you do not only does it show you on cover but as the header for each webpage and if you click on that picture you can see the orignal lagre scale. I love it.

Naomi & Greg said...

The site
http://www.skillsusa.org/champions/

The header
http://www.skillsusa.org/champions/2009_Winter/contents_winter09.html

The picture
http://www.skillsusa.org/champions/2009_Winter/images/tanyaquinnbig.jpg

Amelia Merritt said...

How freaking hot are you?? Seriously, not only are you a cover girl but you should be a Cover Girl!!

Tanya Quinn said...

Thanks guys! It was a fun surprise.

Jewels said...

I am not at ALL surprised! You are a babe and now the culinary world knows it! Why haven't I seen you yet? We need to play!

HaLaine said...

You're FAMOUS!! I know you. Awesome.

Kaha Tahi said...

A) you look AMAZING
B) OH MY GOSH!!!
C) Go Tanya!

See you on Friday! :)

Amanda said...

WOW!!! Look at you! I always knew you'd be famous and people everywhere would know yout face. :) That is SO exciting!

Anonymous said...

gross,blah!

The Meadow Muffin Diaries said...

Seriously, you are hot.