Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Why Captain and Chef?

Did I get two new career barbies? No! Those are just the titles we have decided to pursue...this week. Tom has flown his first solo! His instructors said he did really well. I wondered what doing well is when it's your first flight? Good job, you only scraped one building. Good job, those cows were going to be slaughtered anyway. Good job, now we can buy that new plane we've had our eye on!

Can't you see it? Here are a few pictures from our days in school.


I got some 'splaining to do! My speciality will be candied yams. I'll have the smoothest marshmellow cover in all the land!


"Love lifts us up where we belong".... Actually, Tom informs me that "Lift lifts us up where we belong." Sing that; see how it grabs ya.

Here are a few more...


The flavor is hidden in the sloppy. (P.S. It's supposed to look like that.)


This image brought to you courtesy of Tom's solo flight. That was a comforting picture to receive. Don't mind my texting... I'm just FLYING!

6 comments:

Naomi & Greg said...

that is so exciting about Tom flying solo! I bet he loved it. to post video, just go to create a post and right next to the icon to "add image" is "add video".the video can only be 100MB max. and it does take a little while to upload and process. if it is working, just below the post text box will have a progress (i.e. 40MB of 73MB) when it is all uploaded the video portion in the post text box will say "processing" and then the video should appear. I have been most successful loading during the morning hours. Night time has never successfully uploaded for me...not sure why maybe just a busy site.

Melissa said...

I was so excited to see that you had a new posting that I screamed with excitement inside. I love the comments about Tom doing well. They made me laugh out loud and I shared them with Josh.

P.S. Your sloppy looks good.

angelastotler said...

I love reading your blog. It makes me laugh and I love your pics. I cannot believe Tom is flying solo! That is so exciting! I started a blog, but I just did a test one. I havent actually posted yet so stay tuned!

Jennifer said...

I can't believe we have a pilot and a chef! Make and eat a "sloppy" for me- mmmmm!

Heather said...

I got sucked into reading your blog ... and I found myself totally laughing! I'm Jennifer's neighbor and just thought I'd check-out who she has posted on her blog. Funny stuff. Love the "family pictures" ... yes, I see where you all get your great looks.

Melissa said...

Can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving. We'll work on updating your blog while your here. hehe