Tuesday, May 13, 2008

7 minutes in heaven? Try 2 days!

At Disneyland that is. It was by far the best Disneyland experience ever! I went with my sisters: Connie, Michelle and Nicole. Here are a few highlights, and a lot of pictures.

Within the first hour, we got on 4 rides. We then went on all the rides we could possibly want to multiple times, and even a few Nicole wanted, like Alice in Wonderland. I kid Nicole. I love Alice in Wonderland. The longest wait for a ride was 30 minutes.

The second day we went to Disney's California Adventure which is really fun. I didn't know anything about it going in, but loved it all.

Tower of Terror: You're in an "elevator" and you don't just drop; you go up and down and don't know which way you'll go next. It was great.

California Screamin': Normally on big roller coaster rides you slowly start up the first big hill. Not the case! They count down from 5, then SHOOT you across a speedway and up the first hill.

California Adventure is great for families. It's mainly shows and activities. There are Disney characters walking around everywhere. Some of my favorite activities:

Beast's library: you answer questions and Lumier tells you which Disney character you are most like. I am like Dot the Ant from "Bug's Life" and Mrs. Potts from "Beauty and the Beast."

Ursula's Grotto: you sing or act along with a scene from a Disney movie then it plays back with your voice over the original. I was in heaven.

Here are some pictures of our days. I threw in a picture of a "the happiest mullet on Earth."

5 comments:

HaLaine said...

Ah Disneyland. I have been ruined forever to roller coasters which used to be my most favorite thing on the earth. For some reason having kids messed up my pituitary gland or my hypothalamus and they don't allow me to ride roller coasters anymore...so sick. Oh so sick.

Melissa said...

Man, I don't know who "the bakers" are - but I'm SO in the same boat. It KILLS me to know that those rides - those AMAZING rides make me so ill after kids.

I loved all the pictures, and am so jealous of the trip. That corndog picture. Wow. Those were corndogs, right? Corndogs. Corndogs.

The UnMighty said...

Did any of the children aged children get mad that you were monopolizing all the picture time with the Disney characters?

Tanya Quinn said...

I wasn't going to comment on the hot dogs, but great minds think alike Melissa.

Ben: I only made 3 children cry.

Jennifer said...

So glad to see your pictures! I was wondering about the corndogs myself. I too can not handle motion so much now that I have had kids. The things we do for them! Glad you are having fun in the sun.