Monday, May 26, 2008

Dear Tanya,

We celebrated your birthday on Saturday.  You slept until 9:30 so we all got to sleep in.  For breakfast you enjoyed an egg and sausage "face" that "Nickle Pickle" made for you. We had a brief visit at the doctor's office to make sure you don't have TB. We don't want you infecting any kids you come around! Happy to report you are TB-free. All the Quinns called to say Happy Birthday. You felt special to have so many people care about you.

You got to go shopping and picked out a new outfit. It matches and everything! Angela had you over for a birthday barbeque dinner then everyone came over for games and cake.



You were SO excited for that cake!



Your favorite present was delivered as a surprise from Tom. You were so happy you started to cry, but you were also sad that Tom couldn't be there with you. It's so cute. You're always saying "Tom is my bestest friend."



You're getting bigger every day!  I need to start giving you more vegetable snacks.  It makes me happy, though, to see what a good eater you are. You aren't picky and eat everything I put in front of you.  You love grilled ham and cheese sandwiches and your eyes light up every time I let you have some Pepsi. You love to be in the kitchen and often say "when I grow up I want to have my own cooking show." I think your love of being on stage in front of big audiences also plays a part in that goal.

You are running now which is a recent development and I get so excited to see that you enjoy it.  You love to swim and get antsy to go to the pool each time the sun comes out.

I'm excited for this year ahead of you. I pledge to be better for you and will help you become your best self.

Love,
Tanya

14 comments:

Melissa said...

Could not have enjoyed this ANY more. HILARIOUS. Happy Birthday, Ms. Tanya! Which TOTALLY reminds me. (Redirecting to Kat's blog now to tell her that even though it's 10:30 pm, the day of, I STILL remembered her birthday)

Jewels said...

I absolutely love you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I had planned on jumping out of a cake to surprise you, but frosting doesn't travel well, you understand...

Crystal said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry you had to be without your hubby!

LizMcG said...

Happy Birthday! It was so sweet that you took the time to write such nice things about Tanya. I'm sure someday when she grows up she will love to read this to remember such a special day. After all of that work focusing on Tanya, be sure to take some time out for yourself, you deserve it.

HaLaine said...

You are the cutest. Just in case you didn't know.

Melissa said...

At first I thought maybe Michelle was posting for you. That was a great post and I loved celebrating your birthday with you.

The UnMighty said...

Does Tom know "you're getting bigger every day"?

KEYSHA said...

You're fun. I enjoyed reading, and I am proud of you for running!

Have a fun summer in California, and come visit when you get back.

I already posted on Tom's...but I need Jackson Hole advice. We are planning a little family reunion there, and I need all the information (where to go, what to do, what to see...) E-mail me: keyshapeck@hotmail.com

THE HUGHES FAMILY said...

tanya!! hey girl!! so i am hoping that you will check your comments on this post. because i dont know how to get in touch with your cute self. just wanted to let you know that thanks to you the
hughes fam has a blog!! and i think that i am addicted to it!! anyways just wanted to tell ya that we had so much fun hang out with you and the fam. we miss everyone so much!! spread the word about the blog to the rest of your fam!! thanks talk to ya later alligator!! --janna
check it out:
thehughesfamily5.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

Tanya, ok, small world. I'm friends with Amanda C and we realized we have a little connection... YOU! We were in Sharon 3rd ward together. Anyway, so fun to see your blog!! Hope you guys are doing great.

Ashley H.

Oh and Happy Birthday!

Adam and Cristina Smith said...

Tanya, tanya, tanya, still as hilarious as always. glad i found ya.
~Cristina (Call)

Naomi & Greg said...

So when is tom going to write anything new? :)

The Robisons said...

Tanya, love your blog! Always good to see that old friends are doing well!

Jason Robison

Amelia Merritt said...

Now why would you go and look all totally beautiful with a face full of cake? I know it's your birthday but that is still a very selfish thing to do.