Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Call

Listen to the song I just added to my music playlist. It's the last song on the list. "The Call", performed by Regina Spector. It's the song from the latest "Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian." I really like it and I like the message.

I'm just going to leave it at that. You can ask me about how I feel about the message sometime. Here are the lyrics.

It started out as a feeling
Which then grew into a hope
Which then turned into a quiet thought
Which then turned into a quiet word

And then that word grew louder and louder
'Til it was a battle cry

I'll come back
When you call me
No need to say goodbye

Just because everything's changing
Doesn't mean it's never
Been this way before

All you can do is try to know
Who your friends are
As you head off to the war

Pick a star on the dark horizon
And follow the light

You'll come back
When it's over
No need to say good bye

Now we're back to the beginning
It's just a feeling and now one knows yet
But just because they can't feel it too
Doesn't mean that you have to forget

Let your memories grow stronger ans stronger
'Til they're before your eyes

You'll come back
When it's over
No need to say good bye

8 comments:

HaLaine said...

Wow.

Wow.

I get what you're layin' down.

Amazing.

Crystal said...

Great pick, I have loved Regina Spector for some time, thanks for sharing this new song.

HaLaine said...

I had to make slide show for the youth graduating from high school this year in my ward and I used this song...oh so perfect. Thanks for sharing...

Tanya Quinn said...

I said to myself: "I will not be surprised or dissapointed if this song starts springing up in Young Women meetings."

LizMcG said...

I loved the movie and the song. There was a song from the Lion the Witch and the Wardrob that I also felt would end up in Young Women's meetings. Can't wait to buy the soundtrack to this movie too.

Jewels said...

Dude, I LOVE it! So beautiful, incredible. I love it so. Just like you, who I love so also. Did that make sense? I have to call you today, I miss you!

Matt Clayton said...

Thanks Tanya, that was nice of you to say. I'm glad you blog jumped.

Melissa said...

Love, Love, Love Regina Spektor. Good call.

I was just telling Tom, today, how much I appreciate your taste in music. Anyone that can range from Leo Slayer, to Regina, to ELO rocks my music world.