Sunday, February 10, 2008

The First Cut is the Sweetest

Saturday I had the opportunity to prepare the food for my friend Catherine's baby shower. It was so much fun! Rarely do I feel creative. I always feel like I'm just copying other things, but I felt like this time it was my creation. I was proud of my little toothpick holder made out of half a lemon. I rested my little stuffed potatoes on "nests" of alfalfa and it looked like little egg nests. I'm sure it's been done before, but the idea seemed new to me. I used the tops of my melon bowls as bases to add height and angle the bowls. I really enjoyed using food in new ways and thinking outside the box. I'm sure nothing will come of it, but one of the guests called the host after she left to get my number because she wanted me to cater an event of hers. I was flattered and felt very fulfilled at the end of the day. I also want to thank Tom for staying up really late with me and helping me prepare the food the night before.

Here are some pictures. P.S. I didn't make that beautiful cake. Christina did. She makes the best cakes. They're all from scratch and so beautiful and they taste amazing!


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

11 comments:

KEYSHA said...

Tanya! Great blog...this will be excellent entertainment for me! (You and Tom are such clever people. I am sure you're blogs are just as clever!) It was fun to see you guys the other day bowling--small world. WE love the Quinns! I'm going to keep an eye on your blog and see what exciting things you and Tom are up too. Plus, I want to come try your fabulous culinary skills!

kathryn said...

mmmm.. the food not only looked beautiful, but it tasted beautiful, too. soooo yummy. i'm enjoying some of the leftovers right now!

de-lish, tanya. so delish.

Melissa said...

Tanya, Wow! That all looks so fabulous. I can't wait to taste some of the fruits of you labor some day.

Crystal and Jake said...

I thought the potatoes were especially wonderful. What a lucky friend you have who got you to do the food for her shower!

Jennifer said...

Wow Tanya! You continually amaze me with your talents. I hope to some day taste it as well as look at it.

Naomi & Greg said...

I knew it would be amazing!!! I couldn't stop thinking about it all day Saturday! I wish you were here or we were there all together. You are fantastic.

Amanda said...

Oh man this just made me so hungry! Everything looked so beautiful!

Tanya Quinn said...

Thanks everyone, and I will be delighted anytime to do the cooking for any of you!

Unknown said...

no wonder why somone wants you for thier wedding...YOUR AWSOME! my mouth just got watery, and i just had jolley kone....that's saying somethin.

Unknown said...

you know...my birthday's in 9 months...hahah. just kidding.

the Token Asian said...

Look at u & yur spread!! My mouth is watering!