Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Over the last couple months I have...


Catered a full wedding- made that fruit tower! Also made a chicken tortelini salad, shrimp salad, the ever-popular pear salad, compound fruit and vegetable butters for freshly baked bread.


Re-floored the bathroom- Tile instead of CARPET


Carved a LOT of fruit


Which has all been a lot of fun! By the way everything on our platters is edible, so that giant ribbon- is made out of a vegetable!


Created Flavored Vinegar


Hor' Deourves anyone?


Aspic(chicken gelatin) hor' deourves with Chef Franz, who by the way is from Austria and the same province as Arnold Schwartzinager so I giggle every time he says California. He's a truly great chef who has taught me a lot, and hilarious!


Learned how to make and tasted more Sushi in one day than I've had in all my life


Made sausage- I created Italian and breakfast style sausage


WENT TO THE CIRCUS!


Watched conference.


Made a lot of salads.


Found mold in the food pantry.


Made the school competition team. I'm team manager, which is what I tried out for. I'll get to practice with the team and hone my skills, while helping in a way I feel more comfortable- raising money, coordinating equipment and schedules, etc.

No picture yet but I just accepted a position as foodservice manager at Dan. Daniels Academy is a therapy boarding school for teenage boys. They will board 8 boys and I'll cook for them. Not only will I be cooking, but I will be developing and budgeting the meals. I will also teach the kids nutrition, cooking, and grocery shopping, various lifeskills classes.
Drumroll please... They also brought up their media team and how they're really hoping I'm interested in filming a cooking show from their kitchen, which is immaculate, brand new, and definitely cooking show set worthy! Let's think here, do you out there in reader land think I might be interested in a project that combines cooking and theatre?! Hmmm.

So that's my life right now. I'm glad we could catch up. I'll be sure to write in my journal, say my daily prayers, and blog more often.

5 comments:

Naomi & Greg said...

truly amazing!!!

LizMcG said...

I think I speak for the whole family when I say that I am glad to see the carpet go. Carpet in a bathroom? Whose bright idea was that?
Congrats on all of this cool stuff.
It has been too long. Give me a call sometime. I am so glad everything is working out for you.

kathryn said...

i am so lucky that i get to live with you and eat the spoils of your day...

Jennifer said...

Wow! Great job! Where were those amazing creations when you stayed here in Oregon for 3 extremly hot days?!

Kaha Tahi said...

That's awesome...how is work? How was the family party...the food turn out the way you wanted? -Jamie C-